Background: Torie Wiggins, who has been performing since the age of 2, has trained in Atlanta, with Chicago’s Second City, and was the second African-American actress to graduate with a BFA in dramatic performance from the University of Cincinnati’s College Conservatory of Music.
She served as artistic director for the Black Arts Collaborative and has appeared in Love’s Fire, The Tempest, The Grapes of Wrath, The Mutilated, Marisol, Blues for an Alabama Sky, The Colored Museum, and The Vietnam Project. A resident of New York, Wiggins has also appeared on All My Children and in the movie, Love Me Through It, and her voice can be heard on many television and radio commercials.
A few News Articles-Advertisement -
For the One Woman Show
Parents: Bernice (Fronnie) Upshaw-Brown & Robert Brown
Born: Grew up in Columbus, GA & Lithonia, GA (Atlanta Suburbs)
"One Woman Show"
Your Negro Tour Guide
Performed by Torie many times throughout the United States.
- The IFNY Monologue Slam August 14, 2010
- One Woman Show performed May 13th
- Recorded a voice-over for Rite Aide Pharmacy.in April
- Shot a commercial for Care.com
- Will be performing with a sketch comedy troupe called American Candy in July (kind of like In Living Color and Saturday Night Live) in New York City.
The Independant Film of New York Monologue Slam coming August 14, 2010 in NYC. More....
If any family members are in NYC- stop by and support Torie. She was selected after auditioning against over 1000 contestants. This can open many doors to her career. Good Luck Torie...